Last updated: September 27, 2018
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use this website and/or the services offered or provided by CityQuester (in particular sighteeing treasure hunt games and quest-tours).
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Service is the https://www.cityquester.com website and/or the services offered or provided by CityQuester (in particular the organization and realization of sightseeing treasure hunt games and quest-tours).
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using this website and our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Your photos\videos done during the interactive sightseeing treasure hunt
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Use of Data
CityQuester uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To contact you regarding your requests\bookings
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in our interactive treasure hunt when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Czech Republic and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Czech Republic and process it there.
We are also entitled to transmit your data to countries other than Czech Republic, in particular countries of the European Union and countries outside the European Union, also countries that do not guarantee an adequate level of data protection similar to that of the EU.
Disclosure Of Data
CityQuester may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of CityQuester
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Within the visit of our website, we use the SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption supported by your browser. E-mails/contact forms are not encrypted because we assume that you will not transmit any confidential data to us via these media. Therefore, we cannot exclude that data are transmitted incompletely or accessed by third parties. On this account we would ask you not to transmit confidential data to us by e-mail/contact form. Inquiries received by e-mail/contact form will usually be answered by e-mail. If you do not wish to receive our answer by e-mail, please indicate this in your inquiry.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. CityQuester aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Transmission of Data to Third Parties
We may employ third party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to assist us in analyzing how our website is used, to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services as far as this is required for the organization and realization of the desired tour in desired city. In particular, we may transmit your data to our partners, who organize and realize the treasure hunt game in the cities listed on our website. We may also transmit your data to different third-party providers, such as hotels, restaurants, event operators, bus operators, etc. as far as this is required for the organization and realization of the desired tour.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Furthermore, we collaborate with the following service providers that have access to your data:
- Providers of social media platforms (in particular Facebook, VKontakte, Google, Twitter, Instagram)
- Payment providers
- Providers of web analytic tools (in particular Google Analytics, Yandex Metrica, SmartLook)
- Booking platforms
- IT providers (in particular Zapier (www.zapier.com) )
- Accounting providers
- Providers of cloud software (in particular Office 365 of Microsoft, Google Docs)
- E-mail providers (in particular Microsoft 365 and Gmail of Google)
- Insurance companies in liability cases
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy, visit the “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” page at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics when using our website, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of photos\videos
We may use photos\videos shared with us for online marketing and printed promotional material. By the fact of participating, each user authorizes, and also ensures that he or she has the authorization of the rest of the participants photographed in the photo\video (if any) for the organizer to display and publish the photo\video, in the form that the CityQester considers, for commercial and advertising purposes, without any right of compensation, during the game and after it.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your photos. If you want us to delete your photos\videos , please contact us.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.